Mothers' Union is the largest organisation in the Anglican Communion.
Vision: Our vision is of a world where God's love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships.
Aim and purpose: To demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of family in its many forms. The 3.6 million Mothers' Union members in over 78 countries around the world do this by working towards the MU Mission.
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
How can YOU become involved?
- By praying for our work
- By becoming more aware of the work of MU worldwide
- By joining a branch near you
- By joining the lone members list
- By donating to our relief funds
Membership is open to all who are baptised in the name of the Holy Trinity and who are supportive of the vision and mission of MU Australia.
For more information: Email: Noelle
OR Contact: Lurline Jones
Diocesan MU Banner: Each diocesan MU has a distinctive MU banner used in liturgical processions for special occasions.
Celebrating Baptisms: A special cake to celebrate children's baptism is provided by MU members.
Packing Pamper Packs: Members support the caring work of the Rockhampton Women’s shelter by providing pamper packs.
Fundraising Dinners: Caritas is a particular outreach of MU. Members of Caritas Groups grow through friendship and example into the Christian way of life, and nurture and support good family values. The Groups actively support members and their families in practical ways.
Retreats: As part of the focus of prayer MU encourages support of the Diocesan retreat for lay men and women.
Lone Members: No matter where they live members are able to be part of the network of Lone members and receive news and support.
PEP: Parenting Education Program is to encourage and support parents in their important role through education and discussion of family issues in a relaxed and friendly environment. The program is run by trained facilitators and has been designed for today's families in our Australian context.